Team Playoff Event
All players play at the SAME TIME.
Thus captains need to ensure they have their players there early and ready to go by 7:30pm.
6 team league:
Seed #1 – has a BYE round 1
Seed #2 – has a BYE round 1
#3 vs #6 —- 7:30pm sharp
#4 vs #5 —– 7:30pm sharp
*Captains post ALL matchups by 7:20pm so matches start at 7:30pm.
*Every 5 minutes a player is late is a forfeit of 1 game. ie. 7:35pm
*Sudden death is at 8:45pm
Round 2 – starts at 9pm SHARP
#1 seed vs winner of #4/5
#2 seed vs winner of #3/6
*Captains post matches at 8:50pm
*Every 5 minutes a player is late is a forfeit of 1 game. Ie. 905pm
*Sudden death – last game of player match – is at 10:15pm.
Round 3 – championship – starts at 10:30pm SHARP
Winners of prior round face off for Tournament championship
*Captains post matches at 10:20pm
*Every 5 minutes a player is late is a forfeit of 1 game. ie 1035pm
*Sudden death – last game of player match – is at 11:45pm.
Captain, remind your players of the event and the start times.
Good luck and have fun !
FREE ENTRY – A REWARD FOR PLAYING THE SEASON !
SUDDEN DEATH Explanation:
Finish current game + 1 more game. Compare score:
- If both players are on the hill; one more game will be played – 2nd sudden death.
- If only one player is on the hill; they win.
- If no player is on the hill; then the player with the higher # of games won, wins the match with the games/score they achieved.
- The player who lost will receive the # of games/points normally awarded.
Team Match is won, lost, or tied based on total score of all players in a match.
Captains post 3 players* – post 1 at a time
3 players play 1 game each – 2 out of 3 wins
*the players eligible for tiebreaker are the players who played the match (no bench substitutes) (thus a tiebreaker for those that played)
- No timeouts allowed
Substitutions are allowed in a playoff match
- A player on the team roster, who qualified for playoffs with at least 5 matches played in regular season, and who hasn’t played in that team round yet, may substitute in for a player.
- A substitution must be between games played (ie. before next break).
- Multiple substitutions per player match-up are allowed. Thus in one player slot 7 people could play (1 per game).
- All four starters can be removed.
- If a player is removed from a match they cannot return into a playoff match during that round.
NOTE: They may return in a tiebreaker matches (all players who participated in a playoff regular match are eligible for tiebreaker)
- The match score continues to accumulate no matter which player is in the match.
- A player arriving late traditionally missed the round as the captain had to post a player in their place. Now with substitutions, the late arriving player can be substituted in when they arrive.
- A player may be having a bad night and now the captain can switch them out with another teammate who can try to pick them up.
- If a match is trending towards a blow-out overall, a captain can switch out players to get them into the match so at least they played.